Yes, its come round again Father’s Day is this Sunday, well just in case the above banner, courtesy of our kind friends at Marks & Spencer, wasn’t a big enough clue. Hey, you can’t ever say Clothes-Make-the-Man don’t help you out we’ve scoured the internet looking for some of the best gifts around for the Big Man in your life. Gift’s that will have your Pop wiping a tear from his eye and saying things like, “But son you shouldn’t have” and “So much thought must have gone in to that son”. We’ve gone for more unusual gift ideas for this year, no don’t worry no weekend yoga retreats in the middle of nowhere, or chocolate coated crickets, you’re alright. Now if that wasn’t enough M&S have also supplied us with their top ten gift ideas for Dad’s. What more you ask for ?
1) OK first off let’s aim high and you can’t get much higher then the all new and UK’s first Helicopter sightseeing tour. It starts from either the Heliport in London’s Battersea or the Redhill Aerodrome near Gatwick Airport. The route over London follows The River Thames from Putney in the West to Greenwich in the East, climbing to over 1,000ft above the City’s stunning skyline. During the flight passengers will get to see some of the capital’s most historic landmarks including Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, The Tower of London, and Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre and new attractions like The Shard. Famous sporting venues including Wembley, The Emirates (ohh well) and the Olympic Stadium are also visible from the route and last for approximately 20 minutes.
Chris Mann, MD of The London Helicopter says: “We’re thrilled to have launched the first London based helicopter sightseeing service from London’s only Heliport. Joining the likes of New York, Las Vegas and Cape Town makes us enormously proud.” PS, Shhhhh for Father’s day any dads taking flights will receive an exclusive goodie bag of gifts.
2) Always remember there’s nothing wrong with buying socks as a gift, as no man can never have too many socks, well almost. Now it’s not the sock giving, where problems arise, but the actual socks themselves. Now if you’re looking to impress your dear old Dad, your really can’t go wrong with Richmondsocks.com, we’ve mentioned them a couple of time here and they are doing a sterling job in bringing great socks to the great masses.Offering everything and anything any man could possibly want in sock formation from Corgi to Wolsey.
3) Now we all know smoking is not only a social faux pas but a big time no no generally on every possible front, plus with the smoking ban being ever extending, these wonderful luxurious chocolate cigars from the men’s collection of luxury Italian Chocolatier Venchi’s, don’t half do the trick.
4) You know when you see something and you think, thats genius ! Why hasn’t someone thought of that before ? Well, when you see the work of Tommy Sauce, you’ll ask yourself that very question. Their aim is simple: to provide football fans with something beautiful for their homes. As Andrew and Ben, the brains behind this wonderful idea put it, “Inspired by the vibrant colours, chants and deeply rich history of the national game, we want our work to capture the true passion of football.” Ohhh and the most surprising thing about this gem of a product is the price and thats all I’m saying, see for yourself. Now just to show we are totally impartial here at Clothes Make the Man we’re going to show two of their images, one for the best football team in the world and some other team.
5) Grooming products are always a winner for Dad no matter what age, as a rule of thumb here at Clothes-Make-the-Man we try and stay clear of clique grooming gifts and there are no excuses at the moment as their are great gift set about at the moment. If you’re looking for something a little different maybe take a look at I Coloniali. This Italian range of Men’s Skin Treatments contains a unique Calmiskin phytoagent of white willow bark extract to soothe and regenerate skin. Or if your looking for a bargain this Father’s day look no further then Clinique who are offering the below FREE with the purchase of any two or more Skin Supplies for Men products up until Saturday 15th June.
6) Cufflinks can be perceived as a traditional gift even sometimes a little bit cheesy, but one thing that can never be said about these cufflinks by Rachel Eardley is that they’re Cheesy. She creates beautiful pieces that are handcut from decommissioned coins and finished in sterling silver. These stylish hound cufflinks are handcut from Irish coins and are simple yet stylish.
7) If Dad is partial to a spot of boys only games night, then this is the perfect gift for him, ensured to leave him lost for words. From Aspinal of London, this exquisitely hand bound by master craftsmen in the finest quality Black Lizard calf leather over a handmade wooden box frame with the interior lavishly lined in Aspinal signature Purple padded suede. Each Leather Poker Chip set comprises of 100 poker chips, five poker die and two decks of ‘Faberge inspired’ playing cards. A genuine item of luxury for the dad who appreciates the finer things in life!
8) A watch is a timeless gift, see what I did there, that any Father will value, sorry I seem to be sounding like a Hallmark card. Uniform Wares offer great timepieces that encapsulate classic design but couldn’t be more contemporary and are a real investment without costing an arm and leg. This example is part of the new 152 Series it’s a modern reinterpretation of the classic dress watch and has a refined, ultra-thin silhouette.
10) Finally, talk about the gift that keeps on giving, this amazing, get ready for it, 85″ S9 Ultra High Definition LED TV by Samsung breaks new boundaries in the world of HD TV. With breath-taking picture quality and concert quality audio, this stunning 85″ screen and unique design delivers an unreal, excitingly immersive experience. As for performance, Smart Evolution – technology unique to Samsung – gives you the world’s first Future Ready UHD TV. Ohhh and you’ll need a spare £35,000.00 OK £34, 999.00 to pay for it. I wonder how they get it in your house ?
THE MARKS & SPENCER TOP TEN FATHER’S DAY GIFTS