To be a successful in business, you need to be able to separate your work life from your personal life. While this is easier said than done, bringing personal issues into the office can have a major impact on how you handle your business and can be detrimental to your company.
Known as ‘The Man Whisperer’, Kenny Mammarella-D’Cruz is a personal development consultant who employs a wide variety of unique techniques, which aims to get to the heart of any man’s issues, whether it be with wealth embarrassment or the inevitable mid-life crisis. Kenny employs unique tools to empower men, allowing them to transform their lives. With that in mind, Kenny offers us his top 5 tips to stop your personal issues impacting your business.
1. Get aware – if you suspect that your personal issues may be impacting your business acumen, it’s important that you pinpoint the issues in order to address them. Ask for trusted feedback and gain clarity on how to shift such issues. They say a business is an extension of its owner’s issues, so dig in and turn both around.
2. Look for repetitive scripts – are there relationships within your business that are mirroring the issues you have at home? Are you used to being walked all over and taken advantage of? Does the blame always land at your door? Does everyone hand their power over to you and avoid responsibility? Get to know the bigger picture, repetitive patterns and distracting dramas and break the spell.
3. Look for the source – once you have identified what your issues are, you’d be wise to trace them back and find the root of the problem. Were you betrayed in the past feel you still can’t trust anyone? Do you fear abandonment? Follow current feelings back to their source and tackle issues at their root.
4. Get present – leave the past in the past and respond to situations in hand with current calm, rather than past trauma, pressure and panic. List the sources of these scripts and burn them on a fire, making space for new communications, collaboration and more favorable outcomes.
5. Give yourself space – as you treat yourself differently, your core beliefs will change, and life will bring new opportunities. Give yourself space for growth in both your personal and professional life and don’t suppress your feelings and beliefs. Don’t sell out on yourself. As always, never be afraid of seeking professional help that will empower you to sustainably walk your own path.