- 94% of Brazilians have or have had a pair of Havaianas. In 1963, over one thousand pairs of sandals were sold per day.
- In the 80’s, the Federal Government considered Havaianas a basic-goods basket item. Prices of these basic-goods basket items were controlled to avoid inflation.
- Main factory in Campina Grande, North East Brazil manufactures over 206 million pairs per year.
- 190 million pairs of flip-flops sold in 2011.
- 520,547 pairs sold per day.
- 21,689 pairs sold per hour.
- 6 pairs sold in a second.
- If a consumer wants to buy all Havaianas flip-flop models available in the market, print and colour combinations, he/she would buy 454 pairs per year.
- Since its birth, over 4 billion pairs of Havaianas have already been sold. If lined up all together, they would go around the Earth about 40 times.
- Each Portuguese owns 4 pairs of Havaianas on average.
- Each Aussie owns 5 pairs of Havaianas on average.
- Each Brazilian owns 25 pairs of Havaianas on average.
- Havaianas now retails in 85 countries, with over 454 different styles available!
Havaianas has launched a special collection, the Havaianas Tributo, to pay homage to the first Havaianas model, the Havaianas Tradicional. For that reason the Top, Slim and Origine styles will feature the traditional colours like the first Havaianas pair created in 1962.
A special launch that will be a must for all the collectors and loyal Havaianas lovers.
Created in 1962 Havaianas have been bringing Brazilian spirit all around the world through the legendary rubber sole and bright joyful designs. Havaianas represents comfort, happiness and freedom in the most simple and spontaneous form for everyone’s feet.