For the second of our essential city guides, Home & Away, what other city could you choose, Norwich, Preston, Inverness. No, the city that never sleeps, the concrete jungle, where dreams are made of etc etc the city that has been the inspiration for a million and one songs & films. New York !
Top 5 Things to do
5) Do the open top Bus Tour you get to see so much in just a relatively short space of time.
4) Take a stroll round NOHO (North over Houston) and SOHO (South over Houston) and work your way down to Century 21 (c21stores.com), even if you hate shopping, you will find yourself buying something and the prices have to be seen to be believed.
3) Wear trainers, sorry sneakers and walk, you’ll recognise so much from years of watching Films and TV Series.
2) Visit the Moma (Museum of Modern Art – moma.org) on a Friday evening as it’s free or the Metropolitan Museum (metmuseum.org), free entry but a donation is HIGHLY recommended. Great to partake in a lil drinky on the roof over looking Central Park in the Summer.
1) While over at Central Park, hire a bike and take a ride round the park. Must see stops are the Roller blade disco. After laughing and dancing from the side lines, go and grab a drink, I recommend a Dirty Martini from the Boat House.
Eat – The Fat Radish (thefatradishnyc.com)
Sleep – The Standard(standardhotels.com/new-york-city/)
Drink – Freeman’s Alley(freemansrestaurant.com)
Ask a Local – Ben Kay
“Take a walk over the Bridges, think BMW, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Williamsberg. Brooklyn Bridge being my Fav”.