Harvey Nichols has come a long way, not only since its launch in 1831, making it one of the oldest and most respected names on the International retail market, but from the 1990’s when it was seen as THE temple to designer consumerism and everything sweetie and darling!
Now with stores not only in London, but Manchester, Bristol, Edinburgh and internationally in Dublin, Hong Kong, Dubai and Istanbul. To celebrate the opening of their newly refurbished menswear department, which occupies the two lower ground floors of the iconic store, and is the first stage in an ambitious 4 year plan to renovate the entire store. Spanning some 28,000 square feet the space features the brands new design concept which moves away from the traditional shop in shop format and instead features a ‘collection of specialised boutiques’ where rooms which feel more like a gallery of eclectic fashion and art installations, creating a more individual and contemporary retail experience.
The newly designed space boasts
– A luxurious Style Concierge suite that offers complimentary personal styling service with a team of highly trained Style Advisers on hand, ensuring your visit is quick and of course stress free.
– A Traditional barbers offering an array of grooming services and treatments.
– A cafe bar servicing food and menu to rest after the hard work of making sure you look tip top.
– The latest in lifestyle brands and gifts and a curated series of installations and pop ups.
– The denim room is merchandised by product categories so denim shirts, white T-shirts it leather jackets will appear together on a rail regardless of brand.
– The Tailoring room will be merchandised in the same way, by end use; so day suits, formal and tuxedos providing a seamless and effortless experience for the customer.
Plus the cherry on the 5* cake is the ultra special and top secret ‘Project 109’, which will open early next month, will house the very latest in gift, gadgets, sunglasses and grooming, literally offering an emporium of boys toys.
To mark this launch the luxury retailer has collaborated with over 20 brands, including, Casely-Hayford, Tourne De Transmission, Philip Lim and Y3, to offer customers a series of exciting one-off pieces and exclusive capsule collections to be housed in the newly designed space in their Knightsbridge flagship.