1) I don’t want to see another Tin of Quality Street, Roses, Celebrations, Ferrero Rochers or so much as a selection box for the next 11 months ? Yes / No
2) I crave vegetables, that doesn’t count Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Parsnips or at least 4 different types of potatoes all on the same oversized plate ? Yes / No
3) If I see a Turkey based meal between now and 24th December 2014, including, Turkey Stir-fry, Curry, pie or fajitas I shall commit Hari-kari on a Quality Street Toffee Finger ? Yes / No
Yes, after the over-excesses of the last month or so, if you’re feeling anything remotely like myself, your skin feels terrible, your hair feels crap and your generally feeling like a something you would scrap off the bottom of your shoe. We at Clothes Make the Man have sourced some products and advice which should put you on the road to recovery or at least start to make you feel slightly more human.
We asked the experts at Vitaman for some advice “Do you have any new year tips after the excesses of the Yuletide ?”
- To counter the excesses of Yuletide, a bath in Epsom salts is a quick and easy detox. Add a cup of Epsom salts (available from all good Pharmacies) with a few drops of rosemary or grapefruit essential oil and soak for half an hour.
- To get your circulation going after relentless parties, a work out in the gym will do wonders. It increases circulation and oxygenates the blood and skin. It is especially good the morning after the night before – it’s a great hangover cure.
- Refresh your skin- We tend to drink a little too much during the party season which dehydrates your skin. To combat this, use a facial masque to deep cleanse the skin and draw out toxins leaving your skin fresh and revitalised.
- To start a post-Christmas detox, scrub your skin. It removes dead skin cells, get the blood flowing and stimulates the lymphatic system to detox. You can use a body bush or grab a tub of VitaMan’s Salt Scrub. Massage it into the skin in vigorous movements working towards the heart.
The VitaMan Sea Salt Body Scrub also works to eliminate the build-up of dead skin cells, daily grime and dirt. Excellent for dry, rough skin, ingrown hairs. It quickly exfoliates, helps eliminate blackheads and acne and leaves you feeling refreshed and invigorated with smooth, clean, younger looking skin. Ingredients include Aloe Vera Gel.Australia Sea Salt – coastal sea salt – a natural, gentle exfoliatant perfect for removing dead skin cells, Macadamia Nut Oil ,Patchouli and Almond Oil and Cinnamon Extract – used to treat skin infection whilst imparting a warm, spicy aroma
If your January calendar now rammed full of rigorous gym sessions (and avoiding the pub)? It’s not just our bodies which need a swift detox your hair has taken a right ole hammering this yule. The Naked Detox 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner is infused with peppermint and sorrel leaf to get rid of pollutants and other product build-up, leaving hair feeling fresh, clean and ready for the year ahead.
Blink – If you’re feeling dry eyed and not very bushy tailed after the New Year Abbott Blink Eye drops will rescue and protect tired, dry eyes and soothe them at night for a more restful night’s sleep.
Lastly, Clarins MEN Fatigue Fighter is a light, cream-gel which gives an instant energising boost to tired, stressed looking skin. As soon as it’s applied, skin looks fresher, healthier, firmer, even rested. For all skin types as a pick-me-up after a late night or heavy week at work. Use on its own or over Moisture Balm or Gel. Whenever your skin needs that extra boost.
“Over the festive period, late nights and an excess amount of alcohol will cause skin to become dehydrated, making it look dull and lacking in vitality. Start the New Year by drinking plenty of water and stick to a time efficient skin care routine- it takes less than a minute per day and will keep those dehydration lines at bay in 2014”
Marie Mckeever – Clarins Head of Treatment Development